London Team Leader
Are you passionate about sports, health and wellbeing? Do you thrive in progressive environment with a great team around you to support you? If so, CSSC Sports & Leisure is a great place to work!
We are looking for a supportive and progressive London Team Leader to join our London Region Team with:
- A relevant degree or HND, alternatively at least 2 years’ experience in a sport, leisure or volunteer management environment.
- Relevant experience within volunteer coordination.
- Experience of managing or coordinating projects.
- Good leadership skills.
- A flexible approach to people and work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Excellent organisation, administration and IT skills.
In exchange for your commitment and enthusiasm you will receive:
- Competitive salary package
- Access to a final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Flexible approach to family and work life balance
- All of the benefits of being a CSSC member (including free membership of English Heritage and a Tastecard not to mention all the activities we have on offer)
If you meet the requirements for this role, please send a CV and covering letter by email.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a series of employment checks including a CRB and credit check. If you haven’t received a response by the interview week, unfortunately your application has not been successful.
Find out more about the key accountabilities for this role.
- Lead the London events team and regularly review and assess the progress and quality of work of team members to ensure the required standard of performance is being met
- Oversee the development and delivery of sport within London by collaborating with volunteers who deliver regular sports clubs and regional qualifiers
- Oversee the delivery of the sports and leisure events programme, communicating with stakeholders, controlling a budget and evaluating the offering to continually develop this
- Provide volunteers with first class support to deliver events and sports, assisting them to understand and appreciate the central expectations and the policies and standards they are required to adhere to
- Develop and promote productive working relationships with volunteers to increase volunteer participation and development
- Deliver a volunteer conference and awards celebration on an annual basis
- Liaise with the Marketing and Volunteer Support teams to contribute to the production of effective marketing and advertising strategies for Regional communications
- Report to the London Management Board on a regular basis
- To support colleagues and volunteers with ad hoc tasks as and when required
We look for the following values in our people:
- Passionate – about physical and mental wellbeing and supporting active lifestyles. Seeking out partners and experts who share our beliefs
- Progressive – embraces change and look for opportunities to support themselves and the service to members. Valuing feedback and inviting new ideas
- Supportive – respect and trust for each other, welcoming and inclusive. Sharing expertise and knowledge
- Social – connects people with common goals and interests. Sharing stories, making friends and having fun
CSSC Sports & Leisure is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members and an annual turnover of £7m. We are part funded by the Cabinet Office and our vision is to inspire our members to explore new ways to be active and healthy.
Membership to CSSC is open to the public sector and we provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social) connecting people and promoting wellness and fun which includes:
- Huge variety of taster days
- Over 60 sports for all ages and abilities
- Fantastic savings in our online shop or in store with over 2,000 discount, cashback and vouchers with our partners
Our activities are delivered by around 70 members of staff (based in head office and remotely) and more than 2000 volunteer organisers.
We are currently in the midst of an ambitious digital change programme that will reinvigorate the organisation, bring us up to date in terms of technology, our product, the way we talk about ourselves and the way we attract new members. Everyone in the organisation is excited about this transformation and our growth potential.